Sunday, July 17, 2011

Assistive Technology

Assistive technologies are tools and strategies that act to liberate the use of technology for all students as well as to provide new ways to assist interactions and learning. I have had a little experience with assistive technology in the classrooom. One of the major AT tools/strategies I have implemented is the use of enlarging texts and using visuals, picture cards, and labels on equipment in the classroom. Also I read aloud often to all the students in the classroom and for those who need more one on one assistance, I use visual communications. For example, my daily schedule uses pictures so that the students can understand the classroom routine. In my future as a professional, I see AT growing more and more. Being defined as anything that makes it easier for a student to turn things on, get dressed, read, write,see, get around, move, communicate or play. I see myself utilizing the computer microphone to write and creating interactive books for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment